Android Lead Engineer
elmenus is the ultimate food discovery and ordering platform.
Our vision is to help people discover and order the food they will love.
Our mission is to build the ultimate food platform that surfaces the best dishes in each city, in a personalized experience, connecting restaurants to the diners most passionate about what they have to offer.
Lead a team of software developers in the top to bottom mobile application development including user interface design, application design, unit and functional testing, implementation and deployment to customers of the company's portfolio of mobile applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical and team leadership in all areas of mobile application development.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team while adhering to the company’s overall development strategy.
- Coach and develop team members on the development of high-quality code and applications.
- Perform regular design and code reviews with development team members to confirm use of best practices and identify opportunities for one-to-one mentoring and development.
- Optimize performance of the agile-development lifecycle by ensuring consistent, successful sprints by working to reduce blocking issues for the team.
- Contribute to meeting project and product development goals on-time and on-budget.
- Translate business requirements into an application by implementing the best strategy to ensure design meets performance, usability, reliability, and scalability standards.
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed development tasks.
- Prioritize tasks assigned to the development team based on priorities communicated by senior management.
- Ensure the technical team develops detailed documentation for all source code.
- Participate in and manage the release process as instructed by the Development Manager.
- Maintain team’s current technical knowledge to leverage rapidly changing technology through formal and informal team training.
- Accurately estimate the duration of design, development, and testing tasks.
- Build an effective development team by recruiting and retaining talented high-performance developers and conducting effective performance reviews of team members.
- Contribute to and enforce the technology policies, organization, and processes that produce predictable, efficient development of world-class software.
- Monitor task queues and issue-logs; allocate resources to ensure on-time completion of tasks and resolution of issues / bugs.
- Develop, foster, and enforce team accountability to meet commitments.
- Complete special projects and assignments as assigned.
What will make you fit for this role:
- Experience in raising the tech excellence bar and driving code quality through the best testing practices, pair programming, and mentoring engineers.
- Experience integrating with third-party libraries and API.
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines.
- Proficient in applying best practice Design patterns and Design principles when building your software.
- Clear communication, presentation, and whiteboarding skills with a proven track record of building knowledge sharing culture across a fast-growing engineering organization
- Ability to influence others and facilitate agreement among stakeholders with different interests.
- Setting high standards for engineering excellence, performance, scalability, and security by example and mentorship.