elmenus is a venture-backed food discovery startup based in Egypt that serves over 1 Million monthly users. With venture funding in total of $10M, we are building a platform that combines a social, visual and personalized experience to help people discover and order the food they will love.
We are currently hiring Head of Marketing who will help build the elmenus brand and take it to new heights. Your mission will be to establish the brand in the hearts and minds of food lovers everywhere in a way that inspires people to discover great food at every opportunity. We want to turn the daily existential question of “What will I eat today?” to a stimulating enjoyable experience that inspires people to discover more in their daily lives.
You will be empowered with powerful brand and restaurant partnerships, data, tools, a foundation of loyal users and most importantly room to unleash your creativity and challenging the status quo of how growing brands connect to audiences on a deeper level.
This is a very exciting role if you enjoy the firsthand experience of building a brand using your technical and marketing skills and experience. We are in a huge rapidly evolving market and the opportunity for food discovery and enhancing users’ ordering experiences is largely untapped. You will experience a rapid growth stage where we take the elmenus brand from small startup scale to a big recognizable trusted brand with a strong identity and millions of users.
You will work with all of the teams in the company to shape the users’ experiences offline and online and change the way users make dining decisions. If by reading this your mind already jumped into brainstorming mode, then apply now.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establish and refine our brand strategy, identity and communications strategy
- Establish and experiment with nontraditional growth strategies and tactics that can achieve growth with the biggest ROI
- Ensure consistency of brand tone, identity and building personalized connection with users through technology
- Launch and execute digital campaigns including content creation, ideation and supervising performance marketing teams
- Constantly evolving our social media strategy and managing a team of social media specialists to deliver engagement and traffic goals
- Talk to our users to deeply understand their wants and needs and act as an advocate for the users in the company
- Grow our community of engaged food loving users through online and offline activations
- Establish partnerships with restaurants and relevant brands to push diverse offerings to our users
- Use analytics tools to to drive key decisions and enhance the targeting of our messages. Examples of tools we use: Google Analytics, flurry, mixpanel
- Establish and track key metrics for user growth, conversion and retention
What makes you fit for this role:
- You have 7+ years experience managing a brand and shaping its identity
- You have experience working on setting and executing brand strategies and crafting briefs and marketing communication guidelines with suppliers and agencies
- You are creative and capable of coming up with growth strategies that may have never been tried before and have a persistent attitude to try out many ideas until you succeed
- Experience managing digital products/services is a huge plus
- Hands on experience with managing performance marketing or digital campaigns is a plus
- Strong analytical thinking and ability to relate marketing results with business outcomes
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities at the same time
- You are a creative thinker with a proven record of effectively executing integrated marketing activities
- Eagerness and curiosity to learn about new topics and skills like product management, conversion funnels, data analysis
- Being an elmenus user and a foodie is a huge plus