Senior Backend Engineer
elmenus is a venture-backed food discovery startup based in Egypt that serves over 1 Million monthly users. With venture funding in a total of $10M, we are building a platform that combines a social, visual, and personalized experience to help people discover and order the food they will love... We are looking for the smartest, most impactful, and passionate people to join our food-loving team.
As a Sr. Backend Engineer, you will contribute technically in develop and build high quality, innovative and fully performing the software in compliance with coding standards and technical design, you will be responsible for developing new features, and re-engineering systems to be more efficient.
The Sr. back-end engineer role is a very good opportunity in elmenus. It comes with a lot of benefits and exposure to an industry we are disrupting every day. You will have a competitive compensation package. And the most important thing that you will get the chance to work on one of the rapidly growing startups with strong financial backing and a huge potential to expand into other markets through our innovative take on the globally growing restaurant industry.
What you can expect:
- Own the projects you work on with a highly motivated team and enjoy seeing your efforts and creativity realized by millions of food lovers.
- Solve technical and real-world problems in a game-changing startup environment
- Take initiatives and be rewarded for them
- Work on a multitude of challenges with cross-functional teams: data science, operations, sales, and product teams.
- Collect data and drive critical product decisions that ultimately enhance the user experience.
- Engage with the product team to understand what makes features succeed using data we collect and visualize continuously
What will make you fit for this role:
- Experience in Software Development for at least 4 years
- Experience in Java platform server-side design and implementation
- Distributed systems design and implementation
- Database design for SQL and Non-SQL databases, typically MySQL, Cassandra and Redis
- Knowledge in functional programming including Scala and frameworks including Akka and Slick is a plus
- Great passion for new technologies and own the projects you work on
- AWS infrastructure experience
- Knowledge in Elastic Search is a plus
- Familiarity with Kafka and Spark is a plus
- Experience in designing and implementing systems in DDD